Ummah Society is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper would be responsible for managing the financial books of the Ummah Society, which controls and operates the Maritime Muslim Academy (MMA) and the Ummah Masjid & Community Center (UMCC). The position would be reporting directly to the Principal of the MMA and the Executive Director of the UMCC. This is a part-time position that comes with competitive hourly wage rate, flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely, and optional medical coverage.
* Bookkeeping experience (2-5 years).
* Good command of Microsoft excels and google sheets.
* Sage 50 experience (2-5 years).
* Ability to manage uneven workflow.
* Ability to design and implement accounting policies and procedures of non-profit organization.
* Experience in issuing payroll and payroll-related matters (T4s, ROEs..etc).
* Attention to details and efficiency.
– Record payables and make payment.
– Record petty cash expenses and file receipts.
– Record revenue from different software systems.
– Prepare bank and revenue reconciliation.
– Prepare monthly financial statements and report to Board of Directors.
– Prepare yearend financial statements and annual information return.
– Establish process and find efficiencies to achieve smooth financial reporting.
– Maintaining accurate filing and support while enforcing a paperless environment.
– Other administrative tasks as arise.
To apply for the position, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae, including the names and contact details of three referees to: [[email protected]].
The Ummah Society is actively working to incorporate Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all our hiring processes. Therefore, we encourage applications from visible minorities and other EDI seeking individuals.
About us: Ummah Society is a registered charity operating in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It includes the Maritime Muslim Academy (MMA) and the Ummah Masjid & Community Centre. We have been serving Muslim communities in the region for many years now. To know more about the Ummah Society, please visit our website at MMA at: https://www.ummahmasjid.ca/ and UMCC at: http://www.maritimemuslimacademy.ca/ or email us at [email protected]