We at the Ummah Sports Academy are pleased to announce another great program for our kids. Last year we launched this initiative of creating and building a soccer academy that will focus mainly on the development of kids’ soccer within the community. The initiative’s main purpose is to develop and grow the raw talent of kids within the community to a standard by which they can then become more competitive. The program will follow the Canadian Soccer Association’s development curriculum with some added enhancements of our experienced head coach.
LONG TERM PLAN
Our long term plan is to nurture our community kids through our academy classes. Once we have a decent number of players with a competitive spirit and standards, we’ll look into creating our own league or even competitive teams and try to compete within the current Halifax youth league. All of this will be under the umbrella of Ummah Sports Academy. In addition to the soccer aspect, our main goal is to provide our kids with an Islamic environment where they’re interacting with their fellow Muslim friends and coaching staff from within the community.
Brother Habib Sairi will be in charge of the academy’s program and coaching of the kids. He brings a wealth of experience in coaching into the program having coached in Alberta and BC for over 6 years. In those 6 years, brother Habib managed to coach kids from the ages of 5 to 18 at all levels. On top of coaching, he was also the technical director for West Hills United Soccer Club which is home to 40 teams of all ages.
- Fastest growing grassroots program in Calgary (with more than 150 kids under the age of 5)
- Provincial Gold Medal – U14 girls Tier 2
- Provincial Silver Medal – U16 boys Tier 2
- Provincial Silver Medal – U18 boys Tier 2
- Provincial Bronze medal – U14 boys Tier 2
- Provincial C-License
- U12, U14, U16 and U18 Head Coach
- Soccer Club Technical Director
- Canadian Soccer Association Program Developer & Implementer
The initiative will start with two age groups:
- Group 1: Ages 8 to 12
- Group 2: Ages 13 to 16
FEES, TIME & LOCATION
Time & Location
- There will be 3 seasons per year Summer, Fall, and Winter. (We will announce the start of the new season at least 4 weeks prior to start date)
- 2 (1 hour) sessions per week
- Ummah Masjid Gym or back field (depending on the session & weather)
- $200 per Child for the season
For information, please email email@example.com