REF: UMMAH SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
Respected Community Members:
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barkatuhu
The Board of Trustees of the UMMAH Society is pleased to report that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the UMMAH Society will be held on March 21, 2021. In this connection, the Board of Trustees of the Society would like to invite you to become a member of the society to be eligible to participate in the AGM. As per the Article II (iii) of the Society’s By-Laws, we have two types of membership:
- Parent members: Parents of children or persons in loco parentis to children enrolled in the Maritime Muslim Academy are entitled to be members, having satisfied other membership conditions stipulated in the by-laws.
- Non-parent members: All Muslims, who:
- are at least 18 years of age and living in Nova Scotia.
- pay their membership dues.
- affirm that the Qur’an and the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed are the main sources of Islamic Shari’ah.
- submit application for membership to the Society by signing an application form which indicates compliance with all specified membership criteria identified in these by-laws and in the membership policy handbook.
If you wish to be a non-parent member, please submit the membership application along with the membership fee before December 31, 2020 at the following link:
We sincerely appreciate your interest in becoming a society member and we are counting on your participation and support. For your convenience, the By-Laws can be found at: https://bit.ly/2KDbTYP
Dr. Oumar Sy
UMMAH Society Board of Trustee